For a few years now i’ve been sporadically writing little articles as and when i think of them. A couple of the oldest were published on UKC (and thus haven’t been included on here) but most of these have up to now been solely available on my computer. Now they’re here for your perusal too. Please feel free to comment, it’d be nice to hear what people think.
- Digital Changes – we all know the technology in our lives has come on leaps and bounds over the past decade but have we ever thought about how this can affect us as climbers?
- Top Five New Potential Destinations… In Theory – a small list, with some analysis, of five places that you might not have thought of going and the liklihood that i’ll actually end up there
- The Teaching Conundrum – when teaching youngsters bouldering, do you teach them to jump down or climb down from the top?
- How To Write A Classic Mountaineering Novel – this is my first published article, written in 2009. The copy of Climb they sent me is still pride of place in my house.
- Yosemite: the New Everest – a rising frustration at the climbing media for focusing on one venue rose to the point of pen to paper.
- Life Behind the Counter – a blatant rant, written a long time ago but still amusing to kill a few minutes. Please don’t take it to seriously.
- Focus – A strong article on the importance of concentration, and the success it can sometimes bring
- A Seconds Retrospective (Superdirect E1 5b, Dinas Mot) – An account of my thoughts as i seconded a friend on a rare foray into trad climbing
Read all of these? Check out the Archives for more. Some are pretty crap but some are pretty good really. Not that i’m going to tell you which ones…