As well as being an international boulderer (and many other things!) i am also a part time climbing movement coach.
With a medium such as this website, this allows me two opportunities: to selflessly try and plug my services to those in search of a coach and to share various articles written about the coaching of climbing.
Our sister site, Prowess Climbing Coaching, is now up and running and has full details of my offering as a climbing coach.
For the home page, please click here
For contact information, please click here
Meanwhile, i have a series of coaching related articles to hopefully help climbers and coaches alike. These are often a wide array of subjects but differ from the usual articles in that they tend to focus on a specific subject related to coaching or self improvement.
I’ve broken it down into two categories: articles for coaches and articles climbers. That doesn’t mean that there isn’t a huge crossover but it does enable someone looking to improve themselves to narrow down which pieces to read to maximise their own performance.
Articles for coaches
- HOT, POT and MOT. A complicated and interesting set of theories based on making the most of the holds, positions and movements involved when coaching.
- A Moment On The Lips, A Lifetime on The Hips. A long winded title, this is all about the importance of teaching trunk rotation to climbers.
- Floor Exercises and How Crucial They Really Are. This piece looks at how to simplify complicated climbing techniques by removing the climber from the complex situation they are in and replicating the movement in a simpler way for them to understand.
- The DCBA Scale. This article looks at getting the best out of the mentality of your climber.
Articles for Climbers
- The Horrid World of Projecting. This article takes a look at what it takes to complete a long term project.
- Fingerboards: Are They For You? The much misunderstood world of hangboards can often tempt in beginners and this piece looks at their suitability for those new to the sport.
- Eggs in Baskets: The Importance of a Variety of Projects. Variety is not only the spice of life, it is also your best bet at ticking off your next hard climb.
For more details, please click here.